Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thanks to the lady who shared her umbrella =)

As I left for work this morning, I thought I would be safe from the rain, at least througout the journey from MRT --> Office --> client's place. And I was wrong.

The moment I stepped out from the escalator, I was greeted with raindrops forming a big curtain blinds hanging from the sky... But I did not have the luxury to wait until the rain stop as it might take forever. With a newspaper over my head, I walked as fast as possible to cross the un-sheltered street.

Not lucky enough to cross the second street, I stood under a nearby small tree waiting for the traffic light, hoping to minimize the exposure to the rain.

And at this moment, a lady standing beside me approached me and asked if I wish to share her umbrella! I was so grateful for her kindness and I did not know how else I can show her my appreciation, besides keep saying "Thank you" to her.

We were heading to the same direction, and we both reached our destination and she left with a smile. Despite the cold and wet rainy weather, my heart is warm.

No matter how insignificant, as all the kindness is great and goes a long way.

Thanks to the lady who shared her umbrella =)

No comments:

Post a Comment